Saturday, March 8, 2014

Frozen - Classic Disney Movie With Ice

Before ever thinking about seeing this film, I thought about the stupidity of the trailer due to the idea of Olaf the Snowman, voiced by Josh Gad. Right off the bat, I knew that this would be a film solely for kids, that adults or teens won't get the same laughs from the movie as much as the kids do. And once again, I was proven wrong.

Frozen tells the story of Anna, voiced by Kristen Bell, and Elsa, voiced by Idina Menzel, a pair of sisters who love and wish to play with each other all the time. An unfortunate event happens, however, when Elsa accidentally freezes a piece of Anna's hair, given the warning that Elsa must stay away from Anna. The story revolves around the idea that Elsa must hide who she is in order for the kingdom nor Anna not to know.

I do want to go ahead and say that the whole "true love" element to the story kind of sucks. It is, yet again, another one of those Disney elements that you have to prepare for before seeing this movie. Characters don't learn their lesson; they just regret something that they did, cry about it, and then get what they want anyway. Disney does not reflect real life. In real life, if you screw up, you screw up.

I did like the majority of the musical numbers in Frozen, but there were some that made me go, "Why the hell am I watching this again?" And then I remind myself that this is a Disney movie and anything can happen, so I just went along with it. Of course, "Let It Go" was one of my favorite musical numbers of the movie.

The character of Olaf was necessary actually to keep our spirits up in Disney movie standards. Kristoff, voiced by Jonathan Groff, reminded me of me, so I have some bias towards him.

All in all, I did like the plot twist at the end, I did like the little trolls that Kristoff introduces as his family, I did like the concept behind Frozen. The only reason I wouldn't give Frozen that 5 status is because it isn't exactly a movie that I would sort of live by, if that makes sense.

I give this movie a 4/5.




No comments:

Post a Comment