Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Better Director, Better Experience

I'm not going to lie. I am a teenager so of course I love the concept of the Hunger Games. Also I love the idea of dystopias turned into havoc.

Anyway, the Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Normally, I would say that sequels are the worst idea that mankind has ever created(generally). However, this movie is an exception.

In my opinion, the Hunger Games movie did not depict the true nature of what the Hunger Games was about. There was not any true violence or believable acting going on in the first Hunger Games.You see a darker view of the Hunger Games, much more than the previous movie provided.


However, I love the passion between Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence, and Peeta Melark, played by Josh Hutcherson. I love the deviousness of President Snow, played by Donald Sutherland, and Plutarch Heavensbee, played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Now that I mention Phillip Seymour Hoffman, what is going to happen for Hunger Games: Mockingjay? Plutarch Heavensbee is essential for the final movie(s). It will be hard to find a replacement for such a good actor.

All in all, I didn't see too many problems with this movie compared to the first movie. Just hope that Hunger Games: Mockingjay is portrayed just as well as Hunger Games: Catching Fire was.

I give this movie a 4/5.


2 comments:

  1. They aren't replacing PSH. They'd already filmed a lot of his scenes, and they're going to use cgi for the rest.

    ReplyDelete