Monday, March 17, 2014

The Irony of Fate Part 2 - New Year, New Love

To finish up last night's post, I'd like to add a couple of things that I noticed in Part 2 that made me think over the movie as a whole.

First off, I do enjoy the whole juxtaposition between the songs that the actors sing and at what point the characters are in the plot. It fits right in and I can't get enough of that sort of juxtaposition.

Alternatively, the plot does drag on when it can be cut off at certain parts. Entire scenes were not necessary, but I do feel that given the age of the movie I can make some sort of an exception.

To talk about the plot in its entirety, The Irony of Fate is realistic in some sense realistic. It is a romantic comedy that I enjoyed. I would probably enjoy it just as much as an Adam Sandler romantic comedy.

I didn't get a lot from what Zhenya and Nadya were saying to each other about their complicated relationship, but then again, aren't all relationships somewhat complicated.

I give this movie a 4/5.


No comments:

Post a Comment