Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy - Best Phase 2 Movie

Before watching this movie, I was so pumped about watching this movie. I knew that it would hit theaters with a bang, and I wanted to make sure that I was there to witness it all.

And thanks goodness that I did.

The Guardians of the Galaxy tells the story of Star-Lord/Peter Quill, played by Chris Pratt, a young fellow who ventures off the face of Earth into the far galaxy beyond as a thief, trading in artifacts for money. Through an array of other subplots, the other members battle each other until all of them are transported to a maximum security prison and decide to work together.

The one thing that was great about this movie, right off the bat, was the humor. From the metaphors that we all know and love taken literally by other-worldly creatures and the references to pop culture that Star-Lord drops on the team, every comedic element worked in the movie. Rocket Raccoon definitely steals the show with his humor that seems to reciprocate Star-Lord's.

I seriously loved the entire soundtrack to the movie (AKA. Awesome Mix Vol. 1). It was interesting to see music from the 70s adding to a very spacial setting that Guardians of the Galaxy is.

The action is really fast-paced as well. There was not one moment that bored me when it came to the intense action scenes that Guardians of the Galaxy showed.

Now for the criticism part...

Drax the Destroyer was okay, but I feel like I didn't really feel sorry for his back-story, per say. His humor is spot on through how nonchalant and vicious he is, but I feel that there lacks this certain amount of emotion there. Similarly, the villain plays second potato to Thanos. I did feel that he was evil in the beginning, but he turned out to be more of a cookie cutter villain than anything else.

Other than this, I can safely say that this movie is something that I would treasure and love for a very long time.

I give this movie a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment